Software Build and Release Engineer
We are looking for a mid-level candidate to fill our fast-paced, release engineering team. This team is responsible for all aspects of software source control management and delivery of various software artifacts. The candidate will manage the software build system and software release process including development of scripts and tools to support the software development team. The individual is expected to participate in all aspects of the build, branching merging, and automation tools.
- Identify and implement improvements in existing architecture and code to continuously refactor and evolve the company’s products.
- Work in a fast moving and forward thinking development environment that is constantly researching and implementing the latest technologies
- Research and implement the open source frameworks and architectures
- Work closely with fellow developers and end users to rapidly produce critical features
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent specializing in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3 - 5 years demonstrated real world experience with Release Management discipline and processes.
- Experience with branch/merge strategies
- Strong problem solving and the ability to partner with Product Owners, DevOps engineers, Release Engineers and other engineers across an organization.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Familiar with containers or Docker technologies
- Experience using virtual infrastructure for VMware and Hyper-V
- Experience with installer technologies Installshield and or Bitrock
- Experience with configuration and maintaining Build and Deploy process using tools such Jenkins or Bamboo a plus
- Code Repository: Git and SVN
- Solid experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with Java, C/C++, Python, and shell scripting.
To apply to this position, email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org