Solutions Engineer - USA
Position: Solutions Engineer - USA
Reporting To: Technical Sales Manager, Sales Engineering and Services
Location: Remote within USA
Catalogic Software is the market leader in Software Defined Copy Data Management and Data Protection Solutions. Catalogic employs a smart group of seasoned professionals who recognize the benefits of working alongside young talent in a growing, thriving tech company. We’re a group of highly motivated, goal-oriented, and collaborative technology professionals – and our company is committed to the growth, development and success of each and every one of our colleagues.
This position supports Catalogic’s Copy Data Management and Data Protection products. The key responsibilities of the Solutions Engineer include:
- Executing Copy Data Management and Data Protection products through implementations and upgrades; completing enterprise client roll outs across complex and heterogeneous networks, including multi-site environments
- Providing consulting services, as well as pre- and post-sales implementation and management support to Catalogic’s customers and OEM partners
- Hands-on product training and discussions regarding best practices for Copy Data Management, Data Protection and Disaster Recovery
- Assist customers with planning and testing projects, Proof of Concept deployments, as well as other related consulting services (such as scripting)
- Providing on-site and remote assistance to the Support and Sales Engineering organizations as necessary
- Bachelor of Arts/Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, or other related STEM degrees. (Candidates with other degrees will be considered if they are able to demonstrate sufficient technical proficiency and expertise.)
- 3.3 GPA or higher with an advanced degree preferred, but not required
- 3+ years of practical, hands-on work experience in information technology
- The candidate should have prior experience in a customer facing role within a technical services organization and must be an independent self-starter with strong problem-solving skills. Excellent communication, customer service, and presentation skills are required.
An ideal candidate will meet the above requirements and possess some level of experience with some of the following technologies:
- Windows, Linux or UNIX operating systems administration
- Virtualization technologies (VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Amazon EC2, Azure etc)
- Scripting in Python/PERL or DevOps Automation experience in vRealize, Jenkins, Puppet etc.
- Understanding of REST APIs, JSON responses & web services
- Networking & Storage technologies (LAN, WAN, SAN, NAS, etc.)
- Hands- on technical exposure and expertise on some of the following technologies: Windows, Linux, VMware, Hyper-V, NetApp ONTAP, IBM SVC, AWS S3, Azure, Docker and Kubernetes.
To apply to this position, email your application to email@example.com